RSS

Monday, April 12, 2010

New York, I Love You (Part 3)


Sunday:

On Sunday we got up and met some girls for brunch at 1834 Bar & Burger. The girls were all really nice and they even gave me a scrapbook that I can use to scrapbook about NYC. They filled out the first several pages with some of their favorite places in the city. I can't want to fill in the rest of the pages with my NYC experiences.

After brunch, Laura and I went to a film festival where they were showing several short films. The first film was my favorite, after that it was kind of downhill. It was still a fun experience.

Next we decided to venture into Brooklyn. Unfortunately, my legs were killing me from walking too much so we didn't get to walk around Brooklyn a lot. We did eat at a really good restaurant called Lodge. I got the gouda mac & cheese and it was delicious.

After dinner my legs and feet were pretty sore so we just went back to Laura's apartment and hung out for the rest of the night. It was a fairly low key day but I had a ton of fun!

Monday:

I got up and packed all of my stuff so that I would be ready to catch my flight later that day. Then I took a taxi to the Empire State Building so that I could visit the college I will be going to next year. It's called The King's College and it's located inside of the Empire State Building. I met with my counselor and took a tour of the apartments where I'll be living next year.

Next I made a stop at a cupcake shop called Crumbs to get some cupcakes for my brother and mom. I got my brother a set of 12 different mini cupcakes. For my mom, I customized a 'six pack' of big cupcakes. They all look really delicious and I'm proud that all of the cupcakes actually made it home without any bites missing.

After that, I headed over to Laura's office at MTV to hangout and blog for a bit. We had lunch in the MTV cafeteria and I basically took it easy for awhile. Then we went over to the Aerie store in Times Square. Laura's roommate, Lauren, works there and wanted me to come by to check it out. I ended up getting tons of comfy lounge wear that I can wear in the hospital. Lauren and her co-workers were nice enough to put together a little gift bag for me, too.

Right around the time that I was purchasing all of my comfy clothes, I got a text from my mom that read 'your flight has been cancelled'. I called her, assuming it was a joke. Turns out it wasn't. Laura called the airline and they told her that the flight was cancelled because there were problems with the plane. My flight had to be rescheduled for Tuesday at 6:30 a.m. At first, I was bummed because I was really tired and ready to come home and rest. But it ended up being okay because Laura had a clothing swap party planned for that night and I got to go.

I took a taxi back to Laura's place early so that I could clean her apartment for her because she hadn't had time to clean while I was in town. When she got home from work, I helped her make some party food for her friends. She had 8 friends come over and they all brought clothes that they didn't want anymore. Then we drew numbers and got to pick out stuff we wanted. It was really fun to see people fight over the good stuff. I didn't want to participate because I hadn't contributed anything to the party but Laura insisted so I did snag a couple great things. I got a black marc jacobs clutch, an ed hardy scarf (it's actually a really cute floral print, doesn't look tool-ish), a D&G hat and some jewelry. Alex, the one who did my hair the other night, also brought me a gift bag with some beauty goodies. It was really fun to hang out and laugh and swap clothes. All of Laura's friends are really nice.

Tuesday:

This morning I got up around 4:30 (3:30 our time) and headed out to the airport. Thankfully my flight was on time and I got into Kansas City around 8:30 a.m. I came straight to the hospital where I'm now waiting for the results of my labs. We're just checking to make sure I'm okay after my long trip. Hopefully I'll be able to go home soon so that I can take some pain meds for my legs and so that I can get some sleep.


**Reason of the Day: Staying an extra day actually ended up being great because it gave me more time to hang out with Laura and all of her great friends. I like to believe that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that's hard. Belief is always a reason to smile (RTS).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time! Hope you're getting some rest and feeling better. I'm incredibly jealous about Tina Fey. Love her
- Anna Petrow

Post a Comment