RSS

Saturday, April 10, 2010

New York, I Love You (Part 2)


Friday:

Friday I slept in until after ten because I was exhausted from my night of Broadway fun. After I woke up, I took a nice walk from Laura's apartment to her MTV office in Times Square. We ate lunch in the MTV cafeteria and I got to hang out in the office for the afternoon. Laura's co-worker, Dre, showed me some cool/complicated computer stuff and burned me a CD of some sweet music. Laura and I took a nice break to enjoy some chatroulette fun.



After work, Laura and I stopped by H&M and bought a million scarves. Not really, but we bought a lot. Earlier in the day we did some research on some cool ways to wear head scarves. I will be the most stylish bald chemo patient ever.

Later that night, Laura's friend named Alex came over. Alex does hair and makeup and is a pretty awesome person. She came over to do my hair and hang out. We ordered sushi and she cut several inches off my hair. We also dyed my hair an intense shade of red. It's lovely. If anyone happens to need a hairdresser, you should just come to New York and have Alex do it. It's worth it. Really. I've decided that she's hired when I move out here for college. After my hair was done, it was extremely late but we decided my hair was too good to waste so Alex did my makeup and Laura dressed me up and we went out. We were out very late. Very, very late. I met some interesting New Yorkers. Very, very interesting.

Saturday:

Due to our late night festivities, I also slept in today. For lunch, we went to this awesome arepas place called Caracas. It was delicious. They have the best guacamole I've ever tasted in my life and their chips are homemade. Mmm. After that, we walked around a little and then headed back to Laura's place to take a power nap.

After our nap, we headed over to NBC to see the taping of SNL. My mom has connections to a woman who works for NBC and she got us tickets to the show. Here's a picture of me with my SNL ticket and new haircut:

Not only that, but we ended up in the "special line" which landed us in seats on the floor. The actual studio has some stadium-type seats in the back but then there are a handful of seats located on the actual studio floor, right in front of the stage. These seats are located in front of the center stage and they rotate so that you can turn from side to side to see all of the different sets. We were in the third row but off to the side so there weren't any seats in front of us. Almost all of the scenes took place on sets on the right side of the stage, right next to our seats. Laura and I were on the end so we literally could have reached out and touched several stars and cameras. Creepy. Tina Fey was the host and she was amazing. We really lucked out by getting her as the host. Her Sarah Palin impression was awesome, as always. There was also a cameo from Steve Martin and Justin Bieber was the musical guest. It was definitely a blast and I'm so glad that I got a chance to see the show, especially with Tina Fey as the host. Seeing SNL was actually on my bucket list so I'm excited to check that off the list! Here's an autograph I got from Tina:



SNL wore us out so we decided to just come back to the apartment instead of going out again tonight. Now we're watching SNL on TV. Tomorrow I think we're going to head over to Brooklyn. This trip has been so exciting and I can't wait for more fun to come!

**Reason of the Day: I've been a fan of SNL for quite awhile and I always look forward to watching the show every Saturday. No matter what, SNL always makes me laugh. Laughter is always a reason to smile (RTS).

Stay tuned for more updates from my exciting trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment